BoroNerds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoroNerds

For those of the Edinboro University Anime Club and Gamer's Guild.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

crusia Divided spoiler #3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Zak

Matt Zak

crusia Divided spoiler #3 Empty
PostSubject: crusia Divided spoiler #3   crusia Divided spoiler #3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:28 am

colorless + lands

Greylands (U)
land-desert

Spells you cast cost 2 more.
whenever you cast a spell put a storage counter on Greylands.

“The Greylands boarder every nation. Its almost as though the Builders were trying to keep us separated.” - Erin, Sunspire storyspinner.

Greyland Boarder (U)
land-desert

Spells you cast on during your opponents turn cost 1 more.
whenever you successfully cast a spell during your opponents turn put a storage counter on this land.

“The Greylands drain mana from anyone who steps upon them, this has kept the peace, until now” - One Eye Minotaur Patriarch
----

Greylands Stalker 11 (r)
Artifact creature- Golem
Haste, First Strike, Fear
Greyland Stalker costs 3 less for each storage counter on Deserts you control.
8/4
The worst part about the Greylands isn't the mana drain it's the stalkers. Unfortunately not many survive a once they figure that out.

Greylands Extractor 4 (U)
Artifact creature- Golem
Vigilance
~ costs 2 less for each storage counter on deserts you control.
When ~ enters the battlefield put a storage counter on target desert.
1/1
"What are is that thing putting into the sands?"
"Just hurry up before a Stalker comes."
Back to top Go down
Dantés

Dantés

PostSubject: Re: crusia Divided spoiler #3   crusia Divided spoiler #3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:17 am

I understand that the lands and that Golem interact, but those lands are terrible if you don't draw any creatures that have cost reduction from storage counters. Perhaps give those lands the ability,

"(T): Remove X storage counters from Greylands/Greyland Border. Add (U) to your mana pool for each storage counter removed."

-or-

"(T): Remove a storage counter from Greylands/Greyland Border: Add (U) to your mana pool."

You could even go as far as to have them produce other types of mana once you get into rare lands.
Back to top Go down
Matt Zak

Matt Zak

PostSubject: Re: crusia Divided spoiler #3   crusia Divided spoiler #3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:46 pm

vince the greylands have an interaction with alot more, and the point of them is to be useless on their own. but some of the big cards of the set have really big interaction with them... ill spoil them in the near future. put suffice to say they arn't gonna be dead pulls in the end.
Back to top Go down
H07HawK

H07HawK

PostSubject: Re: crusia Divided spoiler #3   crusia Divided spoiler #3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:11 am

Matt Zak wrote:
Greylands Stalker 11 (r)
Artifact creature- Golem
8/4
The worst part about the Greylands isn't the mana drain it's the stalkers. Unfortunately not many survive a once they figure that out.

I feel like I should mention that in order for a creature to have a fear, it has to be Black or a colorless artifact (Or a black artifact I suppose), otherwise the keyword ability is intimidate, and functions the same way. I suppose you could technically give a non-black, non-artifact creature Fear, but does it really make sense? Why would a non-black, red creature only be able to be blocked by black creatures?
Back to top Go down
A-Mart

A-Mart

PostSubject: Re: crusia Divided spoiler #3   crusia Divided spoiler #3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:28 am

H07HawK wrote:
Matt Zak wrote:
Greylands Stalker 11 (r)
Artifact creature- Golem
8/4

I feel like I should mention that in order for a creature to have a fear, it has to be Black or a colorless artifact (Or a black artifact I suppose), otherwise the keyword ability is intimidate, and functions the same way. I suppose you could technically give a non-black, non-artifact creature Fear, but does it really make sense? Why would a non-black, red creature only be able to be blocked by black creatures?

We (DJ, Matt, and myself) changed the wording today in the set to intimidate, so we're fine as far as that goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: crusia Divided spoiler #3   crusia Divided spoiler #3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

crusia Divided spoiler #3
Page 1 of 1