BoroNerds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoroNerds

For those of the Edinboro University Anime Club and Gamer's Guild.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

crusia divided spoiler #2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Zak

Matt Zak

crusia divided spoiler #2 Empty
PostSubject: crusia divided spoiler #2   crusia divided spoiler #2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:24 pm

here are the black cards you asked for, let me know what you think.

Regicide BB (R)
sorcery
Destroy target Legendary creature, or Remove all counters from target permanent.

Thrall post 1B (common)
enchantment
when ~ enters the battlefield put a 0/1 black elf thrall token into play.
sacrifice ~; put a 0/1 black elf thrall token into play.

Thrall Bomb 1B (common)
sorcery
As an additional cost to casting ~ sacrifice a thrall.
Target opponent loses 3 life.
Dominance-(if you control more creatures than every opponent) target opponent loses 5 life instead.

and finally

whispered on nights chill 1B (uncommon)
sorcery
as an additional cost to casting ~; sacrifice a thrall.
search your library for a rebel, reveal it to your opponents, and put it in your hand. shuffle you library afterwards.
Dominance- You may pay 3- if you do, put that rebel into play instead.

comment plz.
Back to top Go down
H07HawK

H07HawK

PostSubject: Re: crusia divided spoiler #2   crusia divided spoiler #2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:39 pm

Quote :

Regicide BB (R)
sorcery
Destroy target Legendary creature, or Remove all counters from target permanent.

Probably better off as two cards. The abilities aren't really related in any way. I don't really have anything else to say about it. If you're just using it to destroy legendary creatures, even a card like Doom Blade is better because of the 1B vs BB mana cost, and most black removal spells are instant speed rather than sorcery. As for the second ability, Vampire Hexmage already gives you the same ability for the same cost, but is also a beatstick.

Quote :

Thrall post 1B (common)
enchantment
when ~ enters the battlefield put a 0/1 black elf thrall token into play.
sacrifice ~; put a 0/1 black elf thrall token into play.

I forget where I saw the article, but there was a great explanation of why Wizards tends to make tokens be X/X rather than X/Y, with very few exceptions. Generally tokens that are X/Y have certain abilities rather than just a vanilla token, ie. 0/1 Eldrazi spawn, or any of the 3/1 or 6/1 hasty tokens. Otherwise, it seems balanced, two dudes for two mana, and you get to choose when you get the second one. If in playtesting it turns out to be too powerful, maybe make it so the sac ability can only be activated at sorcery speed, but as it is I would leave it.

Quote :

Thrall Bomb 1B (common)
sorcery
As an additional cost to casting ~ sacrifice a thrall.
Target opponent loses 3 life.
Dominance-(if you control more creatures than every opponent) target opponent loses 5 life instead.

Seems good as a common, instant speed would be better, but would most likely bump up the rarity.

Quote :

whispered on nights chill 1B (uncommon)
sorcery
as an additional cost to casting ~; sacrifice a thrall.
search your library for a rebel, reveal it to your opponents, and put it in your hand. shuffle you library afterwards.
Dominance- You may pay 3- if you do, put that rebel into play instead.

Seems a bit inconsistant between cards making Elf Thralls, and sacing a Thrall to search for a Rebel. I'm kind of confused on the Dominance ability, does it always mean 'if you control more creatures than every opponent'? Also, the wording would be something more like "As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a Thrall. Search your library for a Rebel card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards. Dominance - {3}: Put that card into play instead."
Back to top Go down
Matt Zak

Matt Zak

PostSubject: Re: crusia divided spoiler #2   crusia divided spoiler #2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:07 am

as far as regicide goes, im gonna change it to instant, and hex mage ability is the only way to "kill" plans walkers because story wise wizards has said it never wants you be able to destroy planeswalkers, and planes walkers are like legendary creatures in a way. maybe a wording change could be proposed.

as far as the 0/1 token thing would it be far to make so many 1/1 tokens? these are slaves, and i want it to seem like they are rebelling rebel tribal is gonna be 1/2 of the black mechanics stuff. or not? is that too constrained. i love the idea because in the second set black gets b/w and g/b and in the third set it touches b/g/u, g/w/b, w/b/r and these stand for rebel groups existing in the face of such impossible odds. or am i putting to much white in where only black should be... its seems like a cannon issues... idk. timespiral had black rebels...

the rebel tutor is a a mix of that dominaria rebel mechanic in some way. which like i said i really want to bring to bear in this set.

as far as domination how could i standardized the wording, or should it just be a mechanic? its the thematic opponent of underdog the red mechanic. which is just the opposite?

thx for your continued input Smile
Back to top Go down
H07HawK

H07HawK

PostSubject: Re: crusia divided spoiler #2   crusia divided spoiler #2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:09 am

Keep in mind, this is meant to be constructive criticism and things to think about, not negative criticism.

Hex Parasite's ability also kills planeswalkers, as does simply dealing them damage. You could simply change the card to a sort of Psuedo-Vindicate and have it's ability become "Destroy target Planeswalker or legendary permanent." For it's current mana cost, having that ability and instant speed would be very powerful, this would allow you to leave it as a BB sorcery more than likely. Again, herd to tell without playtesting.

If the tokens are meant to be slaves, maybe make them 1/1 rebel tokens with defender.

Are the rebels slaves of the Elf/Thralls/Elf-thralls? If so, how does sacrificing a Thrall to search for a rebel (at this point, slave) make sense in the canon of the story?

Citing black rebels in Time Spiral is not the greatest argument, since that whole block was meant to represent what's not supposed to happen, with Venser going "Hurr, time travel!" That doesn't mean you can't have black rebels, just a thought though.

With Dominance, you have two options, but you can't have both. It is either a Keyword ability or an 'ability word.'

From the Comprehensive Rules -

Quote :

Keyword Ability
A game term, such as "flying" or "haste," used as shorthand for a longer ability or group of abilities.

Pretty self explanatory. Keyword Ability has a set definition, whereas...

Quote :

207.2c An ability word appears in italics at the beginning of some abilities on cards. Ability words are similar to keywords in that they tie together cards that have similar functionality, but they have no special rules meaning and no individual entries in the Comprehensive Rules. The ability words are channel, chroma, domain, grandeur, hellbent, imprint, join forces, kinship, landfall, metalcraft, morbid, radiance, sweep, and threshold.

For example, they keyword Radiance has no meaning on it's own, rather the common theme is Radiance — {Effect on target [something] that affects all [somethings] that share a color with it.}

From what I've seen, I think you're better off with Dominance as an ability word, defining what it does or what it changes about every card.
Back to top Go down
Matt Zak

Matt Zak

PostSubject: Re: crusia divided spoiler #2   crusia divided spoiler #2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:13 am

thank you, i will change them to 1/1 with defender, and as far as thralls go, i didn't think the word slave would be very pc (esp cause they are black lol...) so dominance should look like...

b spell B (common)
instant
opponents lose 1 life
[/i]Dominance[i]- (explanation text) opponents lose 2 life instead.
?

like that?
Back to top Go down
Dantés

Dantés

PostSubject: Re: crusia divided spoiler #2   crusia divided spoiler #2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:13 am

That looks better.

How about, "Domance - If you control more permanents than all opponents, each opponent loses 2 life."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: crusia divided spoiler #2   crusia divided spoiler #2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

crusia divided spoiler #2
Page 1 of 1