BoroNerds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoroNerds

For those of the Edinboro University Anime Club and Gamer's Guild.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Zak

Matt Zak

Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss Empty
PostSubject: Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss   Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:04 pm

jel Maturia 1UU (u)
Jellyfish
Flying
Transmute UU
When Jel Maturia is Transmuted you may choose to have its converted mana cost count as 2 or 4 instead.
2/2

Jel Tesalatar 3UU (r)
artifact
Transmute abilities may be played as though they were instants.
Creatures in your hand with Transmute have Flash.

Reality Transmuter 1U (r)
creature- Velkadan wizard
Flash
When Reality Transmuter comes into play, reveal a card from your hand and a card from your side board; exchange these two cards.
1/1

enjoy and discuss
Back to top Go down
H07HawK

H07HawK

PostSubject: Re: Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss   Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Just a few nit-picky things, Tessellate is spelled as such, so the second might be Tessellater? Even though that's not a real word, but still. Assuming you're referencing the already existing MTG canon, the third card's sub type would be Vedalken.

In a rules-wording sense, the first card would probably have a separate ability from Transmute, since Transmute by definition is to search for the converted mana cost of the card. Maybe just a different ability of, "UU, Discard this card: Search your library for a card with converted mana cost 2, 3 or 4 and put it in your hand, then shuffle your library."

The second card would be worded more like "You may play the transmute abilities of cards anytime you could play an instant", because you're not playing them as though they were instants, you're activating it at instant speed, almost like cycling.

The third card would be better worded as, "When ~ comes into play, reveal a card from your hand: exchange the revealed card with a card you own from outside the game." Abilities that interact with cards outside of the game never actually reference the sideboard, the wording "that you own outside the game" is just understood to mean your sideboard in a tournament setting, and can be defined as you wish in a casual game.

All that being said, that's just nit-picking about the wording of the cards, I like the ideas behind them. Getting an idea about the theme of the set, don't forget that abilities like Plainscycling, etc. already exist, allowing you to discard and search for a Plains to put in your hand. So something similar to that wouldn't be far off, maybe like... Zombiecycling. Discard for the cost and search for a Zombie, reveal it to your hand, etc. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Matt Zak

Matt Zak

PostSubject: Re: Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss   Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Thank you for the help i have made the edits to the master list. and thank you again. that's why im posting these things here. so that i can get the help of my friends.
Back to top Go down
jonluc1992

PostSubject: Re: Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss   Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:32 pm

Reality transmuter is like burning wish on a stck, but at instant speed. And its blue. This seems extremely powerful in power formats. I dont think itll have much impact if we are only doing draft and block constructed tho.
Back to top Go down
Matt Zak

Matt Zak

PostSubject: Re: Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss   Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:39 pm

how would you balance it? for power formats?
Back to top Go down
H07HawK

H07HawK

PostSubject: Re: Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss   Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:01 pm

jonluc1992 wrote:
Reality transmuter is like burning wish on a stck, but at instant speed. And its blue. This seems extremely powerful in power formats. I dont think itll have much impact if we are only doing draft and block constructed tho.

It's not quite as powerful, because you're exchanging cards 1 for 1, not just adding a card from your sideboard, so you cant 'wish' with an empty hand. If you still feel like it's unbalanced, I would change the mana cost from 1U to either 2U or UU. Or, it could have a completely separate ability instead of having flash and an enter the battlefield ability, make it a static ability from your hand. Pay a cost, discard the dude, swap cards from hand and sideboard. It would make it nearly uncounterable, but you would be essentially 2-for-1-ing yourself to get the card you want. At this point it all really depends on more cards in the set and how powerful we see it being in playtesting.
Back to top Go down
jonluc1992

PostSubject: Re: Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss   Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:31 pm

With the swap I did misread it, but that still gives you a dude, and turns any card in your hand into a wish. Again if this is just in block constructed/draft I think it will be fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss   Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crusia Divided spoiler #1 discuss
Page 1 of 1