BoroNerds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoroNerds

For those of the Edinboro University Anime Club and Gamer's Guild.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova

Supernova

Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen Empty
PostSubject: Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen   Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:56 am

Since we have our favorite anime thread up here I figured we'd do one for the worst anime you've ever seen. The absolute bottom of the barrel. A show whose existence you can't stand.

For me, it would have to be a show called Linebarrels of Iron.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/3653/Kurogane_no_Linebarrels

I was barely able to stomach three episodes of this garbage. From the badly animated CGI mechs to the absolutely horrible character design there was not a single thing I could enjoy about this series. That's not even mentioning the main character who spends the first 5 minutes of the first episode saying, "I want to be a hero." He, then spends the next three episodes I've seen completely acting like an asshole for no other conceivable reason than to be an asshole.

So there's my rant, what's yours?
Back to top Go down
Reydan

Reydan

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen   Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:58 am

I've seen the beginning of that, and I almost wanted to press on because of what I've heard about the rest of the series, but its like... if you can't draw me in in the first place, why bother?

I've also heard incredibly poor things about The Sacred Blacksmith. The first episode seemed okay, but the protagonist was a whiney bitch, and I hated her. It had your stereotypical "Annoying girl that might turn badass on an epic quest that is about to unfold" feel to it... but from what I read, it doesn't become an epic quest... it becomes a poorly written slice of life anime with swords and demons and jokes about breastplates shaped like breasts.

As unpopular as it will sound, I also disliked When They Cry. It was too slasher for me. While it sure may have become interesting, I've even heard from people who liked it in concept that it was a 'chore' to get through. Not to mention slashers aren't really my thing.

While I'm also not saying the Evangelion was a bad series, I disliked the final two episodes of it. I know, its supposed to be some kind of existential crisis statement by the writer... but thats not why I'm watching your show. While considering End of Evangelion the true ending makes it a LITTLE better, it seems like the writer was too enraged that no one liked his original ending to make an ending that didn't have bias. Or that scene. You know what scene I'm talking about. That shit was fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Supernova

Supernova

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen   Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Reydan wrote:
I've seen the beginning of that, and I almost wanted to press on because of what I've heard about the rest of the series, but its like... if you can't draw me in in the first place, why bother?

While I'm also not saying the Evangelion was a bad series, I disliked the final two episodes of it. I know, its supposed to be some kind of existential crisis statement by the writer... but thats not why I'm watching your show. While considering End of Evangelion the true ending makes it a LITTLE better, it seems like the writer was too enraged that no one liked his original ending to make an ending that didn't have bias. Or that scene. You know what scene I'm talking about. That shit was fucked up.

What I've heard about the rest of Linebarrels is that it becomes a generic harem show with a mecha based save-the-earth plotline thrown in. Sorry, but after watching UC Gundam, EVA and Macross I can't stomach that shit.

As far as EVA goes I'm ok with the ending and got at least a little bit of it, but your feelings on it are exactly why you need to watch the vastly superior Rebuild movies.
Back to top Go down
Reydan

Reydan

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen   Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:52 pm

I watched the first one and loved it. I've heard the other ones were fantastic, I just haven't gotten around to them yet.
Back to top Go down
Supernova

Supernova

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen   Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Reydan wrote:
I watched the first one and loved it. I've heard the other ones were fantastic, I just haven't gotten around to them yet.

We will watch 2.0 after break. I have it and it's my favorite film of all time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen   Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen
Page 1 of 1