BoroNerds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoroNerds

For those of the Edinboro University Anime Club and Gamer's Guild.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

can anyone recomend me some anime?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
YoungTim

YoungTim

can anyone recomend me some anime?  Empty
PostSubject: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Don't be alarmed but i heard some of you may or may not be interested in anime, personally i have only seen a few series through to the end, but I'm always done for some suggestions. I tend to like fantasy theme over sci-fi, obviously anime tends to have a lot of combinations of both and that's fine with me.

things ive seen;
code geass
gurren lagann
gun x sword
claymore(dnf)
berserk
soul eater
fma
fma brotherhood
and of course dragon ball(z or otherwise, not gt because i couldn't take that shit.)

I'm pretty sure that's all ive seen so far, but I'm in the mood to start an anime watch list.
Back to top Go down
Supernova

Supernova

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:17 pm

You'll be making it on MyAnimeList.net right? Because you should be. If you prefer a fantasy theme here are my suggestions.

Fate/Stay Night

And its prequel, Fate/Zero (Which is the best show of the season)

and A Certain Magical Index

That's just based off fantasy as a theme though, if you could be more specific I could make better suggestions.
Back to top Go down
YoungTim

YoungTim

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:20 am

i not to picky, i like shows that get rather dark, but also things with over the top humor, or shows that are dark with over the top humor. really anything you think is good, I'll probably like it
Back to top Go down
Supernova

Supernova

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:24 am

Well if you like Code Geass you'll like the currently running Guilty Crown. Same guy wrote it.

Also go ahead and look up Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Katanagatari, Baccano! and Macross Frontier. Especially Madoka if you want something dark. It's the most fucked up show I've ever seen. Give it three episodes.
Back to top Go down
Reydan

Reydan

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. That shit is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Supernova

Supernova

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Gah, if I could post links I could make better suggestions.
Back to top Go down
YoungTim

YoungTim

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:31 pm

oh yeah i lied ive seen cowboy bebob, is Samurai Champloo similar to that?
Back to top Go down
Supernova

Supernova

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:39 pm

Well Bebop and Champloo are both made by the same people. You should like it.
Back to top Go down
YoungTim

YoungTim

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:47 pm

cool, cool, guess it's first on the list. gonna start watching it over break.
Back to top Go down
Reydan

Reydan

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:12 am

Bebop - Sci Fi with Western Themes

Champloo - Feudal Japan with Hip Hop themes

Spike = Mugen

Jin = The fucking shit.
Back to top Go down
YoungTim

YoungTim

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:21 pm

idk Eric, spike feels more like a combination of the two.
Back to top Go down
Reydan

Reydan

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:09 am

Yea, I guess that makes sense actually XD.

I guess that means you're watching it, right?

How do you like it?
Back to top Go down
YoungTim

YoungTim

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:48 pm

it's pretty baller, I'm only on like episode 12 right now, but it seems like i progressively like each episode more than the last.
Back to top Go down
Mirowood

Mirowood

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:41 am

Well let's see here, first off the suggestion I give to practically everybody...

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Far from an action series mind you, but it is my all-time favorite series and features some of the best use of dark humor I've ever seen in an anime. Also the first season is only 12 episodes so it's not a major timesink.

If you're looking another that fits closer to your action sci-fi/fantasy idea look into:

R.O.D (Read or Die) - Start with the OVA and then go into the TV. Consider it an alternate reality to our own wherein the most powerful force in the world is the British Library, and that there are secret agents who use paper as a weapon. It's an odd concept, but it works very well here...

Trigun - A little bit on the older side but it's a classic blend of sci-fi/western/fantasy, with bebop quality action and gunplay with it's own unique style of humor. Follows a character named Vash the Stampede who has an absurdly high bounty on his head, however he's far from dangerous...

And if you'd like to try something outside of the box:

Paranoia Agent: Consider this one to be something of a psychological thriller. There's a rumor about a mysterious youth known as Lil Slugger who bludgeons people when they feel cornered... Rather trippy but has an interesting message behind it if you feel like delving in.
Back to top Go down
YoungTim

YoungTim

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Mirowood wrote:
Well let's see here, first off the suggestion I give to practically everybody...

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Far from an action series mind you, but it is my all-time favorite series and features some of the best use of dark humor I've ever seen in an anime. Also the first season is only 12 episodes so it's not a major timesink.

If you're looking another that fits closer to your action sci-fi/fantasy idea look into:

R.O.D (Read or Die) - Start with the OVA and then go into the TV. Consider it an alternate reality to our own wherein the most powerful force in the world is the British Library, and that there are secret agents who use paper as a weapon. It's an odd concept, but it works very well here...

Trigun - A little bit on the older side but it's a classic blend of sci-fi/western/fantasy, with bebop quality action and gunplay with it's own unique style of humor. Follows a character named Vash the Stampede who has an absurdly high bounty on his head, however he's far from dangerous...

And if you'd like to try something outside of the box:

Paranoia Agent: Consider this one to be something of a psychological thriller. There's a rumor about a mysterious youth known as Lil Slugger who bludgeons people when they feel cornered... Rather trippy but has an interesting message behind it if you feel like delving in.

I'm a pretty big fan of dark humor for the most part so Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei seems pretty appealing. Trigun is something I've been meaning to see, so ill be sure to mark that down as one on the list also. thanks a bunch for your suggestions, I do intend to do non anime watched related activities from time to time though so i don't know if i will be able to get to everything suggested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recomend me some anime?    can anyone recomend me some anime?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can anyone recomend me some anime?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoroNerds :: Anime Club -- ESCA :: Anime-
Jump to: