BoroNerds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoroNerds

For those of the Edinboro University Anime Club and Gamer's Guild.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?

Go down 
+4
Reydan
Supernova
nennoski
Zero581
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zero581

Zero581

Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? Empty
PostSubject: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:04 am

So before we know it the spring semester will be here, so I figured that I would ask what people wanted to see in the gaming tournaments? Your opinion matters so just start shooting off ideas, and just say why you think we should have a tournament for it? This isn't going to be the end all for my decisions on what Tournaments will e next year, but it will help me gauge what to put in polls for people to vote on tournament wise.
Back to top Go down
nennoski

nennoski

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:17 am

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 single though not the team shit
Back to top Go down
Zero581

Zero581

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:50 am

I'll have to see if can acquire it, the anime fighters are usually the ones I don't have, is it for the 360, PS3, or Wii?
Back to top Go down
Supernova

Supernova

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:21 am

I'm always up for another Ultimate Marvel tournament to be fair. And a King of Fighters XIII one.

Maximus suggested we do Ehrgeiz and Bushido Blade 2, which he has.

At least Dan Thomas, Ryan and myself want a Skullgirls one.

And Dan and Matt suggested an old school Gamecube game called Gotcha Force for the sheer fun factor.

We should probably try a MvC 2 tourney as well.

Also, the Naruto game is for PS3 and 360 I believe.
Back to top Go down
nennoski

nennoski

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:05 am

It is for both but i already have it for PS3
Back to top Go down
Zero581

Zero581

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:48 pm

I love Gotcha Force, but it involves building teams, I think we'd have to play test it first.
Back to top Go down
Supernova

Supernova

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:34 pm

nennoski wrote:
It is for both but i already have it for PS3

Then we should totally do that. I have a save file-ish but we'd need to take some time to unlock all the characters.

Zero581 wrote:
I love Gotcha Force, but it involves building teams, I think we'd have to play test it first.

Also fine with this. I don't think we'll need to do bans since it'll be a silly tourney anyways.
Back to top Go down
Zero581

Zero581

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:21 pm

well the issue with gotcha force comes with creating teams out of 206 borgs
Back to top Go down
Supernova

Supernova

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:29 pm

I don't think many people will have an issue with it. They'll probably just pick who they think looks cool anyways.
Back to top Go down
Reydan

Reydan

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:15 am

Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 Minigame Extravaganza.
Back to top Go down
Supernova

Supernova

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:49 am

Reydan wrote:
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 Minigame Extravaganza.

I like this and also like the idea of future Pokemon tournies being done through Battle Revolution.
Back to top Go down
nennoski

nennoski

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:50 am

Definitely mass amounts of pokemon stadium mini games those were the best
Back to top Go down
Captain Loli-Blaster

Captain Loli-Blaster

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:56 am

I'm up for any of these:

Marvel VS Capcom 2
Skullgirls
Arcana Heart
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (I'm 90% sure that's the name)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Maybe even a team tourney)
Mario Kart

Also, a good, old-fashioned test of your piloting prowess in a 1v1 dogfight Star Fox 64 tournament.
Back to top Go down
Supernova

Supernova

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:32 pm

Yeah you actually got GG's name right. XD

Skullgirls will happen. If I get a PSN card for Xmas I'll also be picking up Arcana Heart 3 so that's a possibility.

Already promised people Brawl, so we got that.

And more Mahvel can always be done.
Back to top Go down
FadingShadow

FadingShadow

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:45 am

Since I am a fan of Halo..
Why don't we do a Halo 3 or Reach tourney

or... also...

since I have the Kinect...
Fruit Ninja
Dance Central 2
Just Dance 3
Back to top Go down
Reydan

Reydan

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:07 am

I think a Halo tournament is a horrible idea.

1: Its the most IMBA and least interesting FPS on the market.
2: It will attract a whole lot of Dudebros that I don't like to consider nerds.

But thats just me.
Back to top Go down
Zero581

Zero581

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:45 pm

oh god Eric, your a Brocist(best word i could come up with at this early hour in the morning). Oh the discrimination, but anyways. I love Halo, so it might happen, but I don't feel as if a real tournament can be had with just one console. Halo's all about the Lan party aspect, at least to me.
Back to top Go down
nessthing

nessthing

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Seconding Pokemon Stadium minigames and Brawl (maybe teams).

Also DDR of any stripe.
Back to top Go down
FadingShadow

FadingShadow

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Zero581 wrote:
oh god Eric, your a Brocist(best word i could come up with at this early hour in the morning). Oh the discrimination, but anyways. I love Halo, so it might happen, but I don't feel as if a real tournament can be had with just one console. Halo's all about the Lan party aspect, at least to me.

i can bring in my xbox if necessary... and stop being a "brocist"
Back to top Go down
Reydan

Reydan

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:10 pm

I'm a halo player, and anyone who doesn't use the BR is a n00b.

Huuuurrrrr.

Sorry, I just have no reason to like Halo. Unreal Tournament is just better in every way. Razz. But regardless, that would be hard to have a tournament with, since normally it is very team oriented. Unless you do 1v1s. But those are dreadfully boring to watch.
Back to top Go down
FadingShadow

FadingShadow

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:11 pm

Reydan wrote:

Huuuurrrrr.

<3 sword/sticky grenade launcher... ^.^ but yar br ftw
Back to top Go down
Zero581

Zero581

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:19 pm

Eric I'll agree for the most part on the Unreal Tournament being better, but only to the extent that the first UT was better. I just wasn't a fan of the later entry's into the series, especially UT03, for some reason the controls just felt off in it.
Back to top Go down
FadingShadow

FadingShadow

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:32 pm

Reydan wrote:

Huuuurrrrr.

Sorry, I just have no reason to like Halo. Unreal Tournament is just better in every way. Razz. But regardless, that would be hard to have a tournament with, since normally it is very team oriented. Unless you do 1v1s. But those are dreadfully boring to watch.

thats why you do free for all
and... UT 2004 was great... Very Happy my fav.
Back to top Go down
christoph

christoph

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Reydan wrote:

But thats just me.

i feel like this is the one problem that we have, i agree that the dudebros arent nerds, but as long as they dont start shit, i feel like its easy $$$ thats y id love to see MW3
Back to top Go down
Supernova

Supernova

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:15 pm

christoph wrote:
Reydan wrote:

But thats just me.

i feel like this is the one problem that we have, i agree that the dudebros arent nerds, but as long as they dont start shit, i feel like its easy $$$ thats y id love to see MW3

But see we had this same problem with the Ultimate Marvel tournament. A bunch of people from outside Guild promptly entered and, since they were a professional team, no one from Guild won the pot. Quite a few people were upset by that.

Also, while I do see the other side of "Well this might get more people to join Guild," sometimes that won't be the case. Like the Marvel tournament. One guy on campus told everyone he knew at Behrend that it was happening. Who's to say that other people won't invite people from other schools/towns outside Guild?

I guess it just comes down to which would you guys prefer, making a lot of money for Guild but having it potentially so no one from Guild wins the prize, or not make as much money and keep the tournament Guild-centric.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?   Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spring Semester Tournaments - What would you like to see?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoroNerds :: Gamer's Guild :: Video Games-
Jump to: