BoroNerds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoroNerds

For those of the Edinboro University Anime Club and Gamer's Guild.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"War of Crusia" Contest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Zak

Matt Zak

"War of Crusia" Contest Empty
PostSubject: "War of Crusia" Contest   "War of Crusia" Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:47 pm

the third set in the crusia block "war of crusia" has some free design space: so i propose a little challenge. Because this set will eventually be in "Edinboro standard"

I want Guild to get in at the ground floor and have us spread our magic wings. so what i need is 4 or more volunteers to develop 4 planes in "our" corner of the multiverse.

i will need a primer
a list of ideas to be fleshed out later
and couple of cards ideas.

Here are the guide lines:

The planes you develop must have one color absent for instance the plane im calling is (wurg), and in your primer find a way to explain how the plane would deal with the 5th color if they interacted. - look forward to this generating some buzz (ill open a thread on the forums about this, thanks).
Back to top Go down
Matt Zak

Matt Zak

PostSubject: Re: "War of Crusia" Contest   "War of Crusia" Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Plane: Lasra
color: WURG
Concept: The swirling panorama Lasra is greet rolling plane studded with mountains and forests (that grow in parallel lines) , and crisscrossed with streams that flow in geometrical designs. everything apart form the mountains of this world appear to have been placed specifically in locations that promote order. the surface is littered by creatures that are half biological/half enchantment. the mountains of this world launch arcs of lighting, light, power, and food at specifically designated targets. will forest fires while rare leave most creatures unphased. at the core of this plane exists the City of Order occupied by the Builders (Rhonx (green), loxidon (white), Thol* (blue) , and Flamekin (red).) never knowing greed or ambition these peaceful races coexist and shape the world above. but when their leader visits crusia to spread peace he brings home the seeds of black mana to a plane of control and peace.

keywards:

Illuminated (permanent is unaffected by spells or abilities to do not target it). immune to blanket effects.
enchantment creatures
enchantment matters
Back to top Go down
A-Mart

A-Mart

PostSubject: Sysveria   "War of Crusia" Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Plane: Sysveria
Color: WBUR
Concept: Sysveria is a plane, barren of all natural growth, controlled by mythical creatures, such as Angels, Demons, and Vampires. Most human life was cleansed almost 10 millennia ago when a great war that saw 3 beings, Halcendor Velnestus, Solor Mastos, and their leader Emova Vynlan, become resurrected by their followers. The war lasted almost 3 centuries, with the resistance being devastated by the forces of Halcendor, Solor, and Emova. Barren lands make up for almost 80% of the plane, with the other 20% being small lakes, and the Rian Ocean, which takes up about 5% of the plane.

Halcendor is the Vampire leader. Aggressive, uses shadows to torment his enemies.
Solor is the Demon leader. Controlling, uses illusions to confuse his enemies.
Emova is the Angel leader, as well as the controller of Sysveria. He has not seen combat in more than 5 millennia, but legends speak of him dismembering entire armies who have challenged his right to the throne.

Keywords: Circulate (Redirect spell by discarding X cards, or paying X life, where X is the converted mana cost of the spell)
Form Shift (Changing creature type, haven't decided how this would work yet)
Back to top Go down
Corthal

PostSubject: Re: "War of Crusia" Contest   "War of Crusia" Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Plane:Wildwood (cause I can't think of a better name atm)
color: WBRG
Concept: This plane is more of Lycanthrope/ Shapeshifter based so the classics plus were dragons/wurms/elephants/bats/and those who have surrendered their souls to become deamons. SO NOTE WHEN I SAY WOLVES I MEAN SHIFTERS IN GENERAL
The Fenrysulforus or Hell Wolves are a black clan through and through they can contain any shifter outside of wolves (despite the name). They are ones who have mastered dark arts. They have learned death in the Wildwood doesn't mean an end. It is a transition into another phase of life. Some use it to act as spirit guides to and share their wisdom to help others understand the natural order. Others to force their way back into the material realm and seek to "finish their business".
Daciana or wicked wolves are as cruel as the mountains they live in. High in the mountains these shape shifters deal with lightning, rockslides, blizzards. One never knows what to expect in their mountains. It seems that the mountains themselves are shapeshifters seeking to change the landscape and weather inorder to kill all that invade this territory. The denizens here reflect that there are rogue-like trickesters but not.
Lykurgan believe the shapeshifters are superior to all (even the Elves) they are truly one with nature as they are half animal. The strong have mastered both halves of themselves and now seek to show it. Outsiders have always been appearing here and there thanks to Walkers and others. These foreign influences have distracted some of the denizens of Wildwood with technology and some forms of magic that hadn't existed before and the Lykurgan mean to rectify this; let what happens naturally happen naturally! These influences are usually removed swiftly to ensure no serious harm to the world spirit. There are rumors some alphas of packs have no issues of throwing the runts of the litters off cliffs or in wells to purify their pedigree. In times of war they have been said to use the runts as first wave assaulters. Gifted with the chance to prove their worth as their kind benefactors say...should they live. But they also can't turn and run not with their benefactors directly behind them with spear pointed at their backs. In all it is to ensure the crusade succeeds and thus upon it's completion all may bask in the glory of peace co-existance with the world. Its for the greater good...But these zealots are neither confirmed nor denied.

NEW keywords/Concepts to expect:

Hunter-when card comes into play choose creature type this card gains +2/+2 (IE Hunter card comes into play the player declares Elves when ever this card attacks or defends against elves it gains +2/+2)

Stalker- similar to hunter but gains double strike against named types but Stalkers CANNOT attack or defend against any other types other than the one named

Vendetta
IDEA 1-a creature killed with this keyword comes back into play and can not defend. It can ONLY ATTACK creatures once it kills a creature it leaves play. Additionally the need to settle the feud is so great creature with Vendetta are immune to all damage and spells EXCEPT things dealing damage as -1/-1 counters and spells that ultimately lower its hp to 0.

Idea 2-a creature with vendetta gains a +1/+1 counter for each card in its controllers graveyard with the same creature types

Wither-yes its not new, but I'm making it comeback BIG to counter Vendette especially

Exchant lands that not only generate 1 mana of their color each turn without tapping but become powerful creature cards.

Split Transform Cards (mainly to reflect the Daciana that are double faced but the transform side is split. Pending on mana spent these creatures can take one of 2 forms to better deal with the situation they face.) I see them as basic creatures that mid game can turn from simple 1/1 type creatures to more useful 3/3 or maybe 1/1 flying+lifelink (mourning thrull what?).

Also Enchant creatures with Animal Form ~ so if you have say mana producing elves but you have cards that work great with werewolf creatures (like buff them) you can enchant your elves to become werewolves or whatever.

Last idea isn't a Keyword but a new way to play instants. Soul Binding basicly a creature dies from whatever you play this instant and it doesn't hit the graveyard but rather acts now as an enchantment on another creature and is "saved"...the two merge in a dragonheart but not really kinda way. Soul Binding gives +x/+x which is the creatures base power and toughness and all base abilities (enchantments/equip/etc do not transfer). Basicly you could instant kill great creatures but they may come right back to haunt you...I see it as a white kind of reanimate.

Final thoughts I wanted white to not be soo angels and good guys...I wanna push toward authoritarian and possibly beyond. I also want them like Tau. Tau fight for the greater good but whose? They are about order and will stop at nothing to have it. I also try to make everyone not so cut and dry these guys are black, white, etc. but rather all are Green and their color, but there are points were some can have a third color (like the rumored crueler more ambitious Lykurgans) allowing for lots of chances I think to really have fun with the deck building.[left]

Last edited by Corthal on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : UPDATED)
Back to top Go down
Matt Zak

Matt Zak

PostSubject: Re: "War of Crusia" Contest   "War of Crusia" Contest I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:45 am

@andy
i like your lore except that your have two black lords, and no love for red or blue bad guys, just a thought.
also tomorrow we should work on how your form shift works, will you be using DFC's? also.
and i think that Circulate would be better as a mechanic, than a keyword.

@ adam

-primer love the world, like the cast; but i would be interested to know the extents of lycanthropy on your plane: are we talking weredragons, werewurms, and maybe inner demon kind of things as well as your classic were (insert predatory mammal).
Hunter/Stalker-Just a little wording things on your keywords:
Hunter should play more like...
ex.)

man catcher GG
werewolf warrior
Hunter (when ~ enters the battlefield choose a creature type. ~ hunts that creature type).

Whenever ~ battles a creature it is Hunting X happens
2/2

that allows the keyword to way more fluid.
stalker same way (and may i say i love those keywords...makes me jealous).
stalker might just be a way more intense version of Hunter and feels more black and white to me, while hunter feels more green red. course this is just an idea.

Wither- Good i like it way better than infect.

Lands- love it but ill need to see it templated before i can really judge.

Like the split cards idea way more than DFC, but watch out cause if your cards get wordy then their text is gonna be microscopic

and as far as vendetta... the manic as is doesn't seems to work well, it has far to much memory and random tokens. but if you can rework it then sure. i could help you do the same thing but without counters, but it'll take some time to think about.

Back to top Go down
Corthal

PostSubject: Re: "War of Crusia" Contest   "War of Crusia" Contest I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:05 am

Well Matt then it seems the Hunter/Stalker kinda did its job I wanted them to be similar but that intense...I wanted hunter to basicly ya it hunts but only gets bonus when its on the hunt but it can do what ever. Stalker I see like a creepy stalker, so focused on that one thing that everything else is ignored.

I like the idea of vendetta but not sure how to make it work...i edited the text see what you think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "War of Crusia" Contest   "War of Crusia" Contest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"War of Crusia" Contest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoroNerds :: Gamer's Guild :: Card Games :: Magic: The Gathering :: Rumor Mill-
Jump to: