BoroNerds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoroNerds

For those of the Edinboro University Anime Club and Gamer's Guild.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zombie Dice RP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Corthal

Zombie Dice RP Empty
PostSubject: Zombie Dice RP   Zombie Dice RP I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:12 pm

I know Matt Zak is starting an RP possibely and I have been toying with a couple. I figured I'll do the easier of the toy for me first.

I had posted something about this RP on facebook and didn't manage to get out so rather than a one shot night deal, I've decided to go with a literate RP.

I developed a system where in here you'll write a paragraph about how your character is attempting to respond to the situation. I determine the difficulty on a scale of 1-10. Based on that I use the TRAITS you'll provide and determine if it falls under any to give you bonuses or debuffs. then I grab the appropriate "Zombie Dice" from Steve Jackson Games and see what happens and type a response.

Here's the long and the short players will play a character that will be a modern day person. I was originally going to say college students, but I think I'll leave it at just a modern day person, some one you would most likely run into in the streets almost everday. The setting will be a small city like Erie. So if your interested what do you need to give me? A character! Below is a template for your use.

Name:
Primary Descriptor (Job)-3 difficulty
Secondary's (2 total) (hobbies/traits)-1 Difficulty
Negative Descriptor +2 difficulty

Example
Primary Descriptor-Graphic Designer
Secondary 1-Historical reanacting fighter(middle ages)
Secondary 2-40k player
Negative-out of shape.

Make a painting/picture: I would say that is definately art related designers are trained in various art forms so -3
difficulty level

Running a foot ball field: I would say definately goes against the negative trait so +2 difficulty level

Using a baseball bat to fight: I could say that is similar to a mace -1 difficulty (Granted its a bat you just swing but this shows you have swung something like it alot, you know how to make them count and not just swing wildly till your exhausted...)

driving a car: is not really under any traits so no modifiers

RULES: Don't tell me your actions should fall under certain traits. I'll do that and my choices will be fair and show what I will ultimately feel is fair. When thinking about dificulty i think about all factors, yes driving for a 25 year old pizza delivery boy isn't difficult, but driving through a highway full of abandoned vehicles and zombies everywhere while trying to escape other survivors that have gone loco and want your guns...well that's more difficult; what you haven't eaten much had a hard time finding purified water and nightmares from the fact YOUR IN THE ZOMPOCALYPSE and have watched loved ones eat your best friend...ya good luck with that driving.

But within the system there is random bits that could happen thanks to the dice...maybe the adrenaline kicks in and you are like a pro Nascar/Stuntdriver hell spawn. Or you fail miserably at fighting to stay conscience from lack of sleep and everything and go to shift from 3rd to 4th gear and instead yank on the parking brake while going 75 mph...
Back to top Go down
Corthal

Zombie Dice RP Empty
PostSubject: Sorry about the length...   Zombie Dice RP I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Forgot to note: If your not selected initially don't worry just keep checking in I might PM you to bring you in cause some one's character may have had an allergy to to a shotgun blast...Or feel to add more people for some reason.

Finally if you want more details about the system let me know.
Back to top Go down
Reydan

Reydan

Zombie Dice RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Dice RP   Zombie Dice RP I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:20 am

I'll do this, as long as we get others interested. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YoungTim

YoungTim

Zombie Dice RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Dice RP   Zombie Dice RP I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:44 am

im down for this actually, although the idea for your system makes gming a literate rp sound rather apealling.
Back to top Go down
Corthal

Zombie Dice RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Dice RP   Zombie Dice RP I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Why thank you. I wanted a system that was A) easy and allowed focus on the RP not stat building and stuff. B) STill gives the randomness of dice rolls and who they can always make a story more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Clay Aiken

Clay Aiken

Zombie Dice RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Dice RP   Zombie Dice RP I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:23 am

The best part about play by post (pbp) or forum based RPs, is that you can be in multiples. I'm in. Writing up a character now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zombie Dice RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Dice RP   Zombie Dice RP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zombie Dice RP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoroNerds :: Literate Role Playing :: Role Playing-
Jump to: